Puppy Selection, Socialization & Training
Picking out the pup that's right for you & thereafter...
We are Veterinarian recommended!
Puppy Play, Socialization & Husbandry Class:
Dogs 8 to 14 weeks of age
In-Home Private Sessions:
- What we do for you: We provide assistance in selecting the puppy that will be most suitable for your family's lifestyle by educating you on what to look for, what questions to ask, what factors to consider, and more. Plus, should you choose, we will go with you to look at puppies within a reasonable distance. If you already have a dog at home, it is critical to make sure that you consider his/her temperament in selecting a doggie sister/brother for them.
- Puppy temperament assessment: Knowing your puppy's personality traits will not only help you understand your dog's needs better but it will also allow you to make good decisions based on his strengths and weaknesses. The assessment is free to owners who have signed up for a puppy consult with us.
- Good Breeding: Puppy learning begins shortly after birth. Mama dog, littermates, and the breeder all play an important role in soon-to-be your puppy's education. So when searching for a breeder, make sure you pick someone knowledgeable and reputable, preferably through referral. Click on Article: How To Find A Good Dog Breeder
- Age of Innocence: A knowledgeable and reputable breeder will keep her puppies till 7-8 weeks of age to provide them with sufficient time and learning experience from mama dog and littermates. Puppies separated from their mother at 5-6 weeks of age often present behavioral issues in early puppyhood and adolescence. Click on Article: The Humane Society of the United States; Click on Article: Taking Puppies From Litters Early
- No Time to Waste: Your puppy is on the fast track to learning about life in his/her new home. So make sure s/he's learning the rules and lessons that you want him/her to by starting your puppy's training as soon as you bring him/her home. Click on Article: Benefits of Early Puppy Training
- Potty Happens: Housetraining being one of the most important of lessons, you should have a plan in place for helping your puppy learn to go outside from the moment you bring him home. Click on Article: How To Housetrain Your Dog
- Socialization: Your puppy, who has spent the majority of his/her short life in a whelping box under the guidance and protection of his/her mother, and the comfort of his playmates, is now in the arms of a stranger (you), in an unfamiliar environment (new home) with no mama dog to provide guidance - how safe and secure do you think that puppy is going to feel, especially when you take him out into the big, noisy world? Helping your canine youngster adjust and adapt to the world outside is critical in determining how confident and functional s/he will be as an adult. Click on Article: Puppy Socialization
- 1.5-hr initial consult: $80
- 1-hr Single session, $75
- 3-session pack, $70 per session
- 5-session pack, $65 per session